Monday, June 29, 2009

8 More Days...

...til I'm on a plane headed for Texas! I can't believe the time for the Tally Rally is almost here! I've been looking forward to this for months...and it totally snuck up on me. Seriously, eight DAYS?? What on earth have I been doing with my preparation time? Oh yeah, now I remember...

hanging out at the pool with Shyla and our kids. Every. Freaking. Day.

It's a blast. We just can't get enough of it, and I have the best tan I've had in years from basking in the sun for endless hours. Also got the best sunBURN I've had in years, but it's gone now and I really don't like to think of it. Because of the nightmares, you understand.

Let's see, what else have we done this summer? A TON of stuff....guess I'll do a bullet-list.
  • I convinced Alex to cut his shaggy mop of hair, and he loves his fresh new 'do.
  • Jack made a new best friend, named Aaron, whose back yard is behind ours. Jack is over at Aaron's more than he's at home. They're like peas and carrots.
  • We've made several trips to the library, and I finished the "Twilight" series. Loved it. Can't wait for the "New Moon" movie...November 20, baby!
  • Alex turned 11...we had a pool party for him, of course. And ice cream cake, which was my favorite part.
  • Been to several BBQs.
  • Got to meet my 3-year-old nephew, Tobias, for the first time. He totally loved me, even gave me a slobbery kiss before they left to attend a wedding, then head home to Wisconsin.

  • Visited my Grandma Jo and saw my dad, sister Kim and brother David there.
  • Watched all of Season 4 of "The Office"...the DVD set was my Mother's Day gift, and I freaking LOVED it. Can't even tell you my favorite episode, since they were all so super fab.
  • Finished another folk art doll (Flora Bloom) and listed her in my etsy shoppe, along with Aurora Fawn.

  • Took Jack in for his Kindergarten physical...poor guy got 4 shots and didn't even cry. My big boy.
  • Rick's taught me a few cornhole pointers and I've done a bit of practicing for the big tournament at the Tally Rally. Hopefully Rachel and I (or "Team Chowder" as we've dubbed ourselves) will be able to win at least one game. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • We've been to the pool every day...did I mention that already?


That's all I can think of for now! I've got a LOT of cleaning to do before the week is done...laundry, dishes, vacuuming...not to mention organizing the schtuff I need to take and packing for my trip. Busy, busy, busy....wonder how long I can put off the packing before it's officially considered "procrastinating?" Better not try to find out. Off to pack!

Or at least work on the list of what I need to remember to pack. That counts, right?

7 comments:

Breann said...

me, you and ashley reunited...and it feels so good.

Ashley H said...

I've been wondering if you're even still alive! Can't wait to see you again :)

Mrs Pretzel said...

And we're scrapping during our time in TX WHEN!?!? lol I was telling mom about all the things I have planned to do... lol We're NEVER going to have time. Seriously.

Maggi said...

I love The Office, it's one of my favorites! Your dolls are so unique and fabulous!

Miranda said...

You're going to have so much fun in Texas! I took the GED test last week! Haven't gotten my results back yet, but it was HELLA easy! I don't know why I put it off so long. Starting college on-line in September. Yay! Have a good trip!

Teena in Toronto said...

Looks like fun!

Happy blogoversary! Mine was yesterday :)

Chuck Dilmore said...

okay... not a big doll fan
but these are really, really cool!

beautiful work!

peace~
Chuck

Related Posts with Thumbnails