Sunday, August 24, 2008

I'm Still Alive!!

I just realized that in my last post I was going on about how much I hurt and thought I was dying....then went DAYS without updating!! Ooops! My apologies to anyone who may have lost sleep worrying about me....I still have twinges of pain in my stomach when I cough or sneeze, but I'm taking it easy. I learned my lesson: exercise is BAD for me!! lol

This weekend just FLEW by....Rick was gone all weekend for his fantasy football drafts and pre-draft planning meetings...I swear, sometimes I think he's actually TRYING to make me hate football. Maggie had a friend spend the night Friday....I was going to work on crafty stuff that night while they played and/or watched a movie. But while I was upstairs putting the little boys to bed, Hope came up with her eyes filled with tears (I could tell she was trying so hard not to cry) and said her heart was "beeping" really fast....Alex & Maggie had both passed out in the living room and poor Hope was all by her lonesome! So I got her a blanket and some pillows and watched "Matilda" with her. Maggie woke up at the end of the movie, then she and Hope both fell asleep watching "H2O." (Not the Halloween movie, but the mermaid TV show.) I'm pretty sure I fell asleep in the recliner. Again. Darn that comfy chair!!

Saturday. I cleaned all day. Husband and children destroyed my clean house. Husband also attempted to destroy my Crock-Pot and one of his friends spilled a beer in my clean van. I don't want to talk about Saturday anymore.

Today I finally finished the layout I started Friday afternoon for the Olympic challenge at TallyScrapper! Our challenge was to use something gold, silver and bronze on our layout. We also had to use 29 pieces of patterned paper, 32 brads and 34 stickers. Oh, then we had to write 95 things about ourselves in our own handwriting. (Hey, it's not called the Olympic Challenge for nothing!) I'm really happy with how it came out, and I'm pretty proud of myself for not killing anyone in the process. So, a good weekend, all in all. :)
Out for now....hope you all had a wonderful weekend! :)

3 comments:

Mrs Pretzel said...

I think you forgot to call me today... (:P)

Heather Plank said...

Wow Christi that layout is Gold metal worthy! I'm going to jump over on Tally and give it some love! I haven't been following the challenge too much...need to get better!
Sounds like you had a great weekend! Thanks for all the comments on my blog! I love your work girl - keep it coming!

Debbie Doughty said...

You are BRILLIANT! This definitely deserves the gold! At first glance I thought this layout couldn't possibly be the one you did for the challenge, I mean where was ALL THE STUFF? Wow. I am so impressed! Can you tell? Anyhoo - I'm off to give you max points. If I don't get sidetracked again, lol. (And thanks for the anniversary wishes. He's been giving me rocks for years! I have a ton of them. Only one diamond though, lol)

Related Posts with Thumbnails